Monday

Day 90

via

You may hear someone sing. 

And in all likelihood it will be me in the next room, though whether my musical stylings are a result of joy or insanity, it will be hard to tell.

Spring is flirting with us here in UT. Friday I laid out in the grass and let the sun warm my features as I dozed. Sunday I woke up in a snow globe. Le sigh.

Hell week is fast approach with the end of the semester just two weeks and four days away (excluding weekends) and life is an interesting combination of excitement, anxiety and trepidation.

But this weekend I sat and listened to prophets bear witness and testimony of a Heaven that is close and a God who knows and loves us. Every April and October, Latter-day Saints are given this special time to refresh our hearts and our spirits. To hear the instruction that the Lord has for his church. To receive answer to prayer.

It is a season of renewal.

Like the hearty bulbs that will have survived the unexpected frost from Sunday's storm, we are blessed by these words with the strength and perseverance to keep growing, even if hiding in bed seems the best and only option.

This blob began with the new year as a project of chronicling how I would choose to start fresh with the new year.

However, the past two days reminded me that everyday is an opportunity to try a little harder to be a little better.

And to sing a little louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment